- Massachusetts Cultural Council
- Massachusetts Advocates for the Arts, Sciences, and Humanities(MAASH)
- Masschusetts Foundation for the Humanities
- www.NYFAsource.org – the best for grants
- Franklin County Chamber of Commerce
- Franklin County Community Development Corporation
- Greenfield Community College Humanities Department
- Shelburne Falls Area Business Association
- Snow Farm New England Craft Program
Health Insurance information for artists:
- http://www.hcfama.org/ – best resource for MA healthcare info – has free help line
- http://www.pkf.org/grant.html Pollack Krasner Foundation provides artist grants for artists with demonstrable need, including medical emergencies
- The Artists Foundation Has an EXCELLENT list of sources.
- MassHealth 1-800-841-2900 Is the State’s health care “HMO” program for the uninsured with a full range of benefits. They have several plans that are all income/need based. The plans pay for doctor’s visit, prescription drugs, dental services, counseling, hospital services and other health care services. One needs to be a Massachusetts resident to be eligible for the program.
- MacDowell Colony, country’s oldest artist retreat. http://www.macdowellcolony.org/
- Norton Island Residency Program for Writers and Artists
- Skowhegan School of Painting and Sculpture, http://www.skowheganart.org/
- Wellspring House, Preston Browning, PO Box 2006 Ashfield, MA 01330 413-628-3276 firstname.lastname@example.org. Walk to the lake, nice cozy rooms, cook your own food, lovely sitting room and outside area, lots of books available to read, linens provided.